The Greendale Chamber is here to support the growth of your business and help you and your staff grow. Lawyers, bankers, financial planners and those in civic service have their finger on the pulse of commerce in Greendale and are ready to help you face the challenges and opportunities market growth can bring. Following are a few syndicated articles we think are helpful.
Current topics we’re monitoring
- Before you start collecting tax from your customers, you'll have to first register with the government to remit your collections.
- Customers want to pay with credit and debit cards. Payment processors facilitate these transactions. Explore what it entails to partner with a merchant services provider.
- Minority-owned businesses may be better positioned to take advantage of certain tax breaks and credits.
- File this form quarterly to report federal withholdings from employees and avoid penalties and fees.
- Business owners, freelancers, and independent contractors can use estimated quarterly tax payments to stay organized and manage their finances before the April filing deadline.
- Explore these commonly missed tax credits to see if there are opportunities to lower your current tax burden.
- From paying down debt to choosing a retirement plan, there are several decisions small business owners need to make that can have an effect come tax season.
- You may be more eligible than you think to claim expenses against the lucrative R&D tax credit.
- Misclassifying W-2 employees as 1099 contractors has severe penalties that can ruin an otherwise successful business. Learn the difference here.
- Understand the current rules and what’s changing in relation to income transferred through P2P payment systems.
Ready, set, GROW!
- Small Business Saturday falls on the last Saturday of November. Here’s what small businesses can do to make the most of the shopping holiday.
- Donating throughout the year can significantly lower your tax burden, but make sure you’re keeping the right documentation filed.
- Creating a marketing plan, checking your inventory, and bringing on additional staff will ensure your small business is ready for Black Friday.
- Happy customers are more likely to spend more money with your business. Follow these customer service tactics to improve satisfaction, loyalty, and revenue.
- From taking photos of products or services to optimizing the business's website, here’s how small business owners can strengthen their brand and boost traffic.
- Positive online reviews can act as powerful marketing tactics for your business. Here’s how to encourage customers to leave good reviews.
- If you’re a Hispanic- or Latino-owned business looking to increase your visibility and find new customers, here are 11 business directories you can join.
- While TikTok is one of the newer social video platforms, the service has many millions of users in the U.S. Businesses can use these tips to connect with them.
- Starting a business with a close friend can be a risky yet fulfilling endeavor. Here are six tips for running a business with a friend.
- Social media has grown from a place where friends and family can keep in touch to an invaluable tool for businesses and consumers alike.