The Greendale Chamber is here to support the growth of your business and help you and your staff grow. Lawyers, bankers, financial planners and those in civic service have their finger on the pulse of commerce in Greendale and are ready to help you face the challenges and opportunities market growth can bring. Following are a few syndicated articles we think are helpful.
Current topics we’re monitoring
- Employees will need to be reimbursed for business-related expenses like travel or meals. Learn the best practices for employee expense reimbursement.
- If your competitors are consistently recruiting your top employees away, here are ways to retain staff members.
- With more employees prioritizing their families, employers should consider offering child care benefits to their staff.
- Evidence-based hiring helps leaders find employees that align with their ideal candidate profile. Learn how to make objective and bias-free decisions.
- You should update your business plan more frequently than you might think. Here are eight signs it’s time to update your business plan.
- Drug testing helps determine whether employees abuse illegal substances or prescription medications. Here are five things to consider before drug testing employees.
- Behavioral, group, and case interviews are all common job interview formats for which to be prepared.
- Improve your hiring process by following these steps before, during, and after a job interview with an applicant.
- Do your interviews reveal enough about a job candidate’s future performance? Discover how a structured behavior interview can improve your approach.
- Entrepreneurs should consider these factors when hiring new employees for a growing team.
Ready, set, GROW!
- Despite public perception, ventures founded by older entrepreneurs generally have more success than those founded by young entrepreneurs.
- It can be a long, uphill journey to regain the trust of your customers after a PR crisis, but it is possible with the right approach. Here’s where to start.
- In a crisis, it’s important to keep clear lines of communication, craft credible talking points, and share an action plan that makes customers feel reassured.
- Rehauling your company’s image starts by assessing the problem and building a layered approach to rectifying the situation.
- Starting a business at any age takes determination, patience, and the right support to help you reach your goals.
- Capture and keep attendees’ attention during your livestream, video meeting, or sales presentation. Use these features and apps to poll your audience.
- Effective oral communication can boost brand awareness and sales. Learn how to enhance your public speaking skills to grow your company.
- Convey your message in person or online with presentation software. Discover six slide design, editing, and presenting applications.
- Improve your slideshow or demonstration by learning how to wow your audience with an engaging presentation and seamless experience.
- Could your sales approach be turning away future customers? Discover what actions sabotage your meeting and what you should do instead.