Pathway Divorce Solutions provides planning by analyzing various settlement options to determine what the tax ramifications would be for each person. We look at the settlement options not just for the next one year, but for the next 10 years or 20 years. If a plan looks great for one year, but horrible after five years, then that is really NOT a great settlement option.
Divorce Financial Planning puts you in a position of financial strength! Planning can be done individually or as a couple.
Here are some of the financial issues that we review and analyze for you:
• How much support do I need? And for how long?
• What work benefits might you be losing in the divorce (ie health insurance)?
• Should you keep the house?
• How are retirement accounts divided?
• How is a pension different from a 401k?
• Creating a budget you can live with
• Assessing different settlement options for financial stability over the long-term
• What are the tax implications of various property division options?
In addition to the analysis above, we will also discuss your financial goals. We find that many people going through divorce can barely see tomorrow, much less 10 years from now. But part of successfully getting through divorce is creating a picture of what you want your life to look like on the other side!