‘Connections. Commerce. Community’
The following goals for 2023 have been set by the Greendale Chamber of Commerce:
Enlarging business circles of influence by giving and receiving referrals and sharing expertise
- Members will meet one-on-one with those that fall within their circle of influence, teaching one another about their businesses and who to refer.
- At the end or Power Hour meetings, members that met will publicly thank and briefly endorse the business owner they met with.
Monthly Power Hour meetings promoting business relationships, credibility and sharing knowledge
- Members have the opportunity to learn about a business concept that is relevant across businesses.
- Members have the opportunity to network and engage with other businesses.
Quarterly social events fostering deeper business relationships among members
- A quarterly social event will be hosted by the chamber with all members encouraged to attend.
- Although informal, it is encouraged that members talk business at the event.
Recognizing outstanding businesses utilizing the Business of the Year Award process
- Three major categories have been selected to give our membership greater opportunity to be recognized for outstanding work. The 3 categories are Innovation, Community Service and Employee Engagement.
- Nominees for each category will be considered and one business selected to represent each category. From the 3 category winners, one Business of the Year will be voted on and awarded.
- Additional opportunities for recognition will be developed during the year.
Fostering strong ties between the Chamber and the Greendale Village Board
- The Chamber will contract with the Village via the Tourism & Events Coordinator to support marketing opportunities and event visibility through the Chamber.
- The Chamber, being an active group promoting business acumen and being an advocate for commerce in Greendale, will increase communication with and awareness of Village matters affecting commerce and community.
- A Chamber board member will participate in Village board meetings and bring agendas, minutes and discussions to the Chamber board monthly. That board member will have the role of helping to disseminate information and to guide decisions to the mutual benefit of the Village and the local business community.
The Chamber will disseminate relevant information to members
- A monthly e-newsletter will be sent to members announcing new memberships, promoting upcoming events, providing general instruction regarding effective marketing, and including links to helpful resources.
- The Chamber Facebook page will be used as an additional method to spread the word about upcoming Chamber and Village events.
Through effective marketing, increase awareness of Greendale’s vibrant commerce/business community
- Build Greendale’s brand and raise brand awareness among Greendale’s targeted consumers
- Message to visitors & potential visitors: Greendale offers more than large community events. Enjoy a quaint experience offering shopping, dining, entertainment, parks and walks, history.
- Message to Greendale residents & other local residents: support local; look up a local business on our online Chamber directory